Brecksville, Ohio is highly sought-after suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. Buyers relocating to the Greater Cleveland area routinely put this suburb on a must visit list for many reasons, a few of which are:
- Blue-Ribbon award winning schools. Rated Excellent by the State of Ohio for the past eleven years.
- Brecksville Community Center offers indoor swimming, tons of cardio machines and programs, game room, day care, a senior center, basketball court, indoor track, outdoor huge playground, tennis courts, and much, much more.
- Small town feel. The quaint downtown area instantly reminds one of yesteryear — parades, independently owned, boutique shops, restaurants, etc.
- Excellent highway access. Located right off Interstate 77 — 20 minutes to downtown Cleveland or downtown Akron, as well as a quick hop to the airport or points east make this central location hard to beat.
- Nearby amenities. The Cuyahoga Valley National Park is right next door with the Towpath multi-purpose Trail. The Brecksville Reservation of the Cleveland Metroparks offers trails, nature programs, horse stables, and more.
- Diverse housing. From entry level starter condos in the 60s to multi-million dollar luxury homes, there is housing of every style, price range and need.
- The Brecksville Branch of the Cuyahoga County Library System. The Cuyahoga County Library System is one of the top rated library systems in the country.
- Brecksville Center for the Arts.
- The Little Theater.
- Upscale grocery store — Heinen’s. Plus a large, general grocery store. All types of smaller retail as well.
- Two public golf courses.
- Note: Brecksville does not have big box retail. One must travel 10 minutes east to Macedonia or 20 minutes south to Fairlawn for big box retail.
Brecksville hosts fireworks on the 4th of July, outings to multi-state cultural trips as well as local professional sports teams (Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers) and much much more.
Brecksville-Broadview Heights Schools
The Brecksville-Broadview Heights City School District (BBHCSD) is comprised of three elementary schools (Chippewa, Highland, Hilton) for grades K-3, Central School for grades 4-5, Middle School for grades 6-8 and the High School for grades 9-12. BBHCSD has achieved an Excellent rating from the Ohio Department of Education for the past eleven years.
Helpful School Links
List of local Pre-Schools (and resources) in Brecksville and Broadview Heights…
Horizons Preschool (3 yo program & 4/5 yo program)
South Suburban Montessori School (18 months – 14 years)
The Children’s House (Montessori based – 6 weeks – 6 years)
The Goddard School (6 weeks – 6 years)
Young Friends of Brecksville (no website found)
Brecksville Cooperative Preschool (Facebook Page)
Brecksville Homes For Sale
Brecksville has many types neighborhoods: large and small developments, luxury homes, mid-priced homes, newer homes and older homes in established neighborhoods. Most properties in Brecksville are on half-acre plus lots. Brecksville has many gentle (and some steep) ravines running throughout the community, so between the larger lots and the natural topography, privacy and great views are plentiful, not to mention wildlife. With the Brecksville Reservation of the Cleveland Metroparks running through the community, along with two golf courses, all anchored by an old downtown area, Brecksville offers a lot of natural beauty and quick access for commuting.
In Greater Cleveland, luxury homes are defined as having a minimum price of $500,000. While this price is not a luxury home price in many major metro areas, you will be amazed at what $500,000+ will buy you in Brecksville and in many communities in Greater Cleveland.
While this list is not exhaustive, here are the major, single-family Brecksville Neighborhoods (price descending order):
Brecksville Luxury Neighborhoods
- Hidden Canyon (800s – 2.1m) — View Brecksville Hidden Canyon Homes For Sale
- Hunting Valley (600s – 1.2m) — View Brecksville Hunting Valley Homes For Sale
- Crosswinds Village (700s+) — View Brecksville Crosswinds Village Homes For Sale
- One Chippewa Trail (600s-1m) — View Brecksville One Chippewa Trail Homes For Sale
- Summit Circle (600s-800s) — View Brecksville Summit Homes For Sale
- Four Seasons (500s – 1.3m) — View Brecksville Four Seasons Homes For Sale
- Brecksville Reserve (500s – 1m) — View Brecksville Reserve Homes For Sale
- Conifer Acres (500s – 1m) — View Brecksville Conifer Acres Homes For Sale
- Preston Village (500s – 800s) — View Brecksville Preston Village Homes For Sale
Brecksville Mid-Priced Neighborhoods
- The Timbers & Rockledge Estates (300s – 900s) — View Brecksville The Timbers and Rockledge Estates Homes For Sale
- Valleybrook Estates (300s-600s) — View Brecksville Valleybrook Estates Homes For Sale
- Crane Creek (300s-500s) — View Brecksville Crane Creek Homes For Sale
- Highland Glens (300s-400s) — View Brecksville Highland Glens Homes For Sale
- Emerald Woods (300s-400s) — View Brecksville Emerald Woods Homes For Sale
- Country Woods (300s-400s) — View Brecksville Country Woods Homes For Sale
- Chippewa Hills (300s – Detached cluster homes) — View Brecksville Chippewa Hills Homes For Sale
- Deer Path Estates (300s) — View Brecksville Deer Path Estates Homes For Sale
Brecksville Moderately-Priced Neighborhoods
- Echo Hills (200s-300s) — Largest development in Brecksville (Swimming Lake, Fishing Lake, Ball Fields and more, very unique) — View Brecksville Echo Hills Homes For Sale
- A Stone’s Throw (200s-300s) — View Brecksville A Stones Throw Homes For Sale
- Sherwood Highlands (200s)– View Brecksville Sherwood Highlands Homes For Sale
- Southern Estates (150s-200s)– View Brecksville Southern Estates Homes For Sale
Brecksville Cluster Home and Condo Neighborhoods
- Windward Hills (100s-300s) — View Brecksville Windward Hills Condos For Sale
- Woodcrest (200s) — View Brecksville Woodcrest Condos For Sale
- Hillbrook (low-200s) — View Brecksville Hillbrook Condos For Sale
- Grand Bay (condos, clusters, executive rental); upper-100s – upper-200s — View Brecksville Grand Bay Condos For Sale
- Chaffee Court and Brecksville West (40s – low-200s) — View Brecksville Chaffee Court and Brecksville West Condos For Sale